Sunday, October 2, 2011

Bub-ffiti

We all have days when we wish we had a shrink to turn to. If it wasn't for the recurring cost of paying someone the big bucks to listen to you blabber for an hour, we would all do it once in a while. Or three times a week, depending on the week. :)

Life is stressful and you have gotto decompress. Which is why I decided to blog again. To vent for free. :)

Until they come up with a cool groupon deal for your next shrink visit, here's a cheap but fun solution I have come up with for myself. It's a beautiful thing called Scrubbing Bubbles. This is the stuff dreams are made of. Well, really clean, fresh-smelling, odor-free dreams. 
Every Sunday is cleaning day. We're not clean freaks, but we put in some modest effort in keeping our place decent. By "we", I mean me.
I'm so done with the traditional trigger-based bathroom cleaning junk. Or the stuff with the gooseneck spout.Those have strong smelling chemicals, the moment you squirt them, that make me noxious.
I'm not saying that Scrubbing Bubbles is made of marshmallow fluff, it is an aerosol-based spray after all, but it doesnt smell nearly as toxic as the other stuff. Heck, dont adults deserve some bubble time too ? 

Before the environment police jumps at my throat about promoting a cleaning product with chemicals in it, I'll say this. I've come to terms with the fact that we are all dying of something eventually: radioactive discharge, heart disease, heartbreak, cancer, McDonalds fried food or chemical crap. You cant prevent it, so why sweat it. I'll settle for stuff that is less deadly on the outside. Like scrubbing bubbles. This green can has a fluffy stream of white cleaning foam, a lot similar to the shaving cream stuff that guys use. It adheres to surfaces and cleans quickly, and trickles down as an invisible liquid that wipes right off. In 60 seconds flat you have a shiny mirror or a clean shower. And if you think aerosol sprays are bad for the environment because they have CFCs, that's no longer the case. Step out of the 90's.

Now that the paid promotional part of this post is over, I'll get to the fun part. 

Bub-ffiti. It's bubble graffiti. Scrubbing bubbles is the ultimate short-term graffiti tool. I use it to vent, brag, swear or just to leave myself happy-notes in the privacy of my home, while cleaning. You roll your eyes, but this is no different than writing a diary. We all know the dangers of writing a diary. Someone now or 5 decades later finds it and you're busted. Your dirty little secrets are out in the open. The cool thing about bubffiti is that the white foam dissolves into nothing in 60 seconds.

No shrink bill to pay. No embarrassment to deal with. No cops to arrest you for ugly wall graffiti. Just clean mirrors and shiny bathtubs. And a really fun time doing something super mundane, like cleaning. Yup, Sundays are blissdays. :)




1 comment:

Lecture-rhymer said...

:D ha ha. fun stuff.

Im going to try this SCRUBBING BUBBLES thing for my house now!